- B.A. in Biology, Johns Hopkins University, 1971
- M.D., Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Internship in Medicine, Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 1974-1975
- Residency in Dermatology, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1975-1978
- Established first full time dermatology specialty practice in Harford County, MD, 1978. This practice became Bernstein & Robinson Dermatology, P.A. in 1987. Dr. Bernstein is corporate president.
- Instructor and active staff - Department of Dermatology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Board certified in dermatology by The American Board of Dermatology 1978.
- Memberships: American Academy Dermatology, Harford County Medical Society, State of Maryland Medical, Chirurgical Association, National Psoriasis Association